MonoMakefile: how to build navit-svn instead of navit-0.0.4 ?

Harald Koenig koenig at
Mon Sep 15 15:15:44 CEST 2008

On Sep 13, Nicola Mfb wrote:

> I finally got bitbake to compile navit_cvs editing
> openembedded/packages/navit/ and commenting the line
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "-1" as it seems a way to block a bb recipie ala gentoo
> package.mask.

I tried to comment out DEFAULT_PREFERNCE before (it looked so obvious
without knowing details;) but this alone did not help.

only after removing "" I was able to build "build-package-navit"
which then used the svn sources (still not understanding all the details
of this issues -- but I don't care as I only want to build navit...).

thanks for your help!!

"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\
Donald E. Knuth, 02-Oct-2001 in Tuebingen.        <_/  /  /OOOOOOOOOOO\
                                                    \  \/OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO\
                                                      \ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|//
Harald Koenig                                           //  /     \\  \
koenig at                     ^^^^^       ^^^^^