Should I update u-boot?

Ian darkstarsword at
Tue Sep 16 06:51:22 CEST 2008

Hi Vinc,

> I have a big favor to ask. Could someone direct me exactly to a correct
> version of u-boot that can charge a Freerunner with a dead battery? An exact
> URL with a file name would mean a lot to me. :-)
should do the trick.

> I checked
> and, and
> Is this the file I need?

No, that's a kernel image packaged for uBoot.

On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but
develop polkadots, and hell will freeze over so solid the brimstone
will go superconductive.
 -- Erik Raymond, 2005