Should I update u-boot?

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Tue Sep 16 06:54:37 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 14:42:01 Vinc Duran wrote:
> I have a big favor to ask. Could someone direct me exactly to a correct
> version of u-boot that can charge a Freerunner with a dead battery? An
> exact URL with a file name would mean a lot to me. :-)

Every u-boot I've tried has been able to charge a dead battery. It just takes
like 6 hours before you can turn it on :) ... this is due to the hardware
needing to be primed before allowing for proper charging. I don't know if this
will ever change, software/firmware-wise.

I only run testing ... everything ... so I'd only point you to daily for u-
boot.

If you want to test ... run it flat then try and charge over night. Keep a
battery handy if you can ;)

Sarton