Should I update u-boot?

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 16 06:55:29 CEST 2008

Vinc Duran wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 10:07 PM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net
>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> u-boot is effectively your bios and therefore fwiu facilitates power
>>> management and the like.
>>>
>>> Certain features will benefit like suspend and booting from ext3.
>>>
>> I'dd add: recharging a Freerunner with a dead battery...
>>
>> <snip>
>>

> I have a big favor to ask. Could someone direct me exactly to a correct
> version of u-boot that can charge a Freerunner with a dead battery? An exact
> URL with a file name would mean a lot to me. :-)
>
> I checked
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_the_Neo_FreeRunner#Flashing_the_boot_loader_to_the_NAND,
> and http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Download#End_user, and
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8-update.
>
> Is this the file I need?
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/releases/Om2008.8-update/Om2008.8-gta02-20080903.uImage.bin
>
> Thanks,
> Vinc
> end-user

If I understand correctly (although there's a good chance I don't!), then

http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/gta02v5_and_up-u-boot.bin

is the latest u-boot which is built daily and should have all the latest
patch goodness.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I don't know what I'm talking about

HTH,
-Dale