FSO milestone3 my view (ON gta01)

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 16 07:07:25 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>>> When I used FSO for the first time, to workaround this, I simply
>>> hardcoded my contacts in the zhone python files. It works well, also if
>>> it's not so dynamic :P
>> great Idea! my contacts don't change often, so that would work as an
>> interim method! :D
>> any chance you could tell me what file(s) I need to modify, and how to
>> modify it (i.e example code, I don't [yet] speak python)?
> I'm not using Zhone since some weeks, however I simply edited the file
> in /usr/bin/zhone (so hold updates! :P) adding my phonebook as shown in
> the file comments.
> An example is written in the git zhone file [1] too at line 742.
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/6r85q9
Great! Thank you very much!

One more (dumb?) question:

since I'd rather keep my zhone updated, I was thinking I could create a
file named ~/addressbook.py, which contains:

 self.cbPhonebookReply( [
     (1, u'Kirk', '+023224433'),
     (2, u'Spock', '+034433463'),
     (3, u'McCoy', '+013244344'),
     (4, u'Scott', '+013244344'),
     (5, u'Uhura', '+013244344'),
     (6, u'Sulu', '+013244344'),
     (7, u'Chekov', '+456663443'),
 ] )

and then do the python equivalent of "source ~/addressbook.py" at line
742. This means that I could easily keep my zhone updated and just make
a one-line change when it gets updated... but is there / what is a
python equivalent of "source"?