FSO/ASU not registering on the Australian Vodafone GSM network

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 16 11:22:59 CEST 2008

Bill,

I'm on the Aussie Vodafone network, using an old sim card I've had for
*many* years (it's red and labelled "sim^2" [i.e sim squared]), and FSO3
works fine for me, although sometimes it takes a little while to prompt
for my PIN. as for ASU I can't be sure - the last time I tested it it
registered, but again took a while, but It only lasted maybe 2 reboots
before it got reverted back to 2007.2 again.

I don't have FSO on at the moment, but I'm planning on giving it another
shot one of these days.

hopefully something here will be mildly helpfull. If there'a sny other
info I can provide please ask.

Cheers,
-Dale