Qtopia and VOIP

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Wed Sep 17 03:26:09 CEST 2008

JW wrote:
>>> Something to do with Nokia's wider commercial interests/partnerships?
>> No, something to do with Nokia's more vigilant attorneys.
>

> Hi lorn,
>
> what other features have been removed or are under threat since Nokia joined the
> table?    [question suitable for a software engineer...]
>
> why do Nokia view VOIP as legally dodgy? [question not suitable for a software
> engineer but still relevant to Qtopia's status within the FOSS community so
> perhaps one of your lawyers could answer?]

It's not voip itself they think is dodgy.

http://www.qtopia.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=51

We are looking at other voip/sip stacks for future integration, to replace the missing one.
Like they say, 'back to the drawing board'.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company