FSO/ASU not registering on the Australian Vodafone GSM network

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Sep 17 04:37:16 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 19:22:59 Dale Maggee wrote:
> I'm on the Aussie Vodafone network, using an old sim card I've had for
> *many* years (it's red and labelled "sim^2" [i.e sim squared]), and FSO3
> works fine for me, although sometimes it takes a little while to prompt
> for my PIN. as for ASU I can't be sure - the last time I tested it it
> registered, but again took a while, but It only lasted maybe 2 reboots
> before it got reverted back to 2007.2 again.

I own a gta02v5.

I'm on Vodafone too, newer card, Vodafone logo with 'if found call' blah blah.

Never had a problem.

I triboot qtopia (updated against testing), om2008 (updated against testing)
and FSO milestone 3 (not sure where to update - tried testing :) and all do
what I'd expect.

I have a pin set.

Sorry, not much I can offer. One thought comes to mind though, out of all the
providers I've had, Vodafone seems to have the lowest signal strength. I used
to think it was my ipaq but it is the same with the FR. Maybe 2007 is driving
it harder? That's about all I can think of.

Sarton