(Some?) 3G support for Linux from Nokia - relevant for future models?

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 17 16:06:14 CEST 2008

Mikko Rauhala wrote:
> Personally I'll be loathe to buy Nokia products anyway, they're just way
> too inconsistent with their policies and have no commitment to free
> software whatsoever. But, if something good comes out of them, that's,
> well, "good".
Open source or not, you've gotta admit Nokia do make good phones. If I
hadn't found the FreeRunner, I'd have looked at the Nokias first before
any other brand. Their phones 'just work', and I've never had a problem
with one (apart from not being able to ssh into it!) A couple of weeks
ago I had my work phone (Nokia 6230) come out of my pocket while I was
riding my motorbike at about 80kph. I found it on the side of the road
later, not only was it not broken, it hadn't even come apart (battery
hadn't come out) and was still turned on!