fso bug/oddity

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Wed Sep 17 18:24:30 CEST 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Wednesday 17 September 2008 17:54:54 schrieb Tilman Baumann:
>> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

>>> Last time I checked gettimeofday reads from system time.
>>> org.freesmartphone.Device.RealtimeClock is a dbus interface to program
>>> the RealtimeClock (sic!).
>> My mistake. But what about /dev/rtc and the hwclock command?
>
> programming /dev/rtc works fine from C and asm, much less so for higher level
> languages.
But they will however probably never be in a position where they need to.
Keeping the rtc in sync sounds to me like a framework job.

I don't know, the system clock should probably be stored in rtc before
going to sleep and saved back afterwards.
And the usual stuff, shutdown and booting.

> I felt a dbus interface for that would be nice. It's not in use
> yet, but we need something like that anyways when we want to support waking
> up arbitrary dbus clients for PIM events.

What about a interface where a process can register a timer event for  a
callback/dbus signal?
Getting and setting stuff to the clock does not sound to me like
something  that needs to be exposed as a interface.

Sorry if my sarcasm sounded too harsh. It isn't all that bad. ;)