Sending SMS: python

Luca lucafbb at
Wed Sep 17 21:45:16 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Marcel <tanuva at> wrote:
> I don't know about the situation on the other stacks, but FSO
> ( is a project to imlement the fso specifications of an
> API for access to the device's hardware.
> Maybe you can somehow interface with qpe which seems to be a central control
> daemon in qtopia...

After looking around for a while I really found nothing! My Neo
Freerunner is new and so I've no important data on it, I can re-flash
something other!
What can I try to obtain the layer you are talking about?

For what I can test using python on my ASU, I've the dbus library available!

Something like...

      import dbus
      from dbus.mainloop.glib import DBusGMainLoop
      DBusGMainLoop(set_as_default=True) - (example taken from

-- luca