A mailing list for FLOSS-GPS community?

Abdelrazak Younes younes at lyx.org
Thu Sep 18 09:13:13 CEST 2008

Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I suppose there are some tangogps/navit/other gps software users and
> developers here on this list who would be interested in getting
> together with the rest of the FLOSS GPS community

Here are the lists on gnmane that have 'gps' in their name:

gmane.comp.hardware.gps.opensource :

This is about an opensource gps baseband software receiver. Nothing of
interest for openmoko as the embedded ublox is already doing the job.
This is working on an old GecPlessey chip (not sure at the spelling,
former GPS Builder for old timers like me who know a bit about the GPS
field). Whenever Openmoko wants to switch to a cheaper and lighter gps
chipset, that would be nice IMO. This is the solution used by ASUS in
one of its ultra laptop. Of course the chip in the ASUS requires Windows
and a proprietary optional software to work.
The list is very low traffic.

gmane.comp.linux.gps

This is about gpsdrive AFAIU.

gmane.comp.hardware.gps.gpsd.* :