python-pyqt -- building against Qtopia in 2008.8

Erin Yueh erin_yueh at openmoko.com
Thu Sep 18 12:50:36 CEST 2008

Hi Kelvie,

Kelvie Wong wrote:
[...]
> However, this brought me to thinking, is there a way to build a version of
> PyQt against the qtopia libraries that are already installed? (the ones
> located in /opt/Qtopia)
I am using OE to build 'qt-x11-free', 'python-sip', 'pytho-pyqt'
packages with all latest version. Qt is 4.4.1, sip is 4.7.7 and pyqt is
4.4.3. Since i would like to use Qt WebKit functions, i can launch a web
browser in my NEO now.

Yup, i have to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/lib' first. Also, i launch
my python script like this: 'LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4
./browser.py'.

> I see that these are in a separate package (qtopia-phone-x11, I believe,
> rather than qtopia-core), and do not have an associated bbclass with them

also, i will discuss with Holger to see whether we can change Qt lib to
'/usr/lib', instead of '/opt/Qtopia/lib'.
> Is this even a viable thing to attempt?  If at all possible, I would like to
> get PyQt working (well) on the Freerunner, and I am sure I am not the only
> one.
>
> (PS. is this the right list for these kind of questions?)

Cheers,
Erin