Phone java apps on fr?

Kostis Anagnostopoulos ankostis at
Thu Sep 18 13:28:13 CEST 2008

On Thu 18 Sep 2008 13:24:20 Petr Vanek wrote:
> Hi all,
> perhaps a silly question, but google nor wiki give me an answer:
> how can i run java applications from other mobile phones on fr? Is it
> what is called JavaME? Is this available for fr? I have looked at
> jalimo and around but no clarity for me...
> thank you for pointing into the right direction,

I just tried microemu[1] with CacaoVM (included in Debian)
and it worked!
(It takes ~20sec to start up but it is very responsive)

After downoading it and unpacking it i tried the demo apps included with the
  DISPLAY=:0 java -jar microemulator.jar apps/microemu-demo.jad

Yet, at the TextField demo, the microemu aborted with:
  LOG: [0x43ee3490] mutex_lock: pthread_mutex_lock failed: Invalid argument