GPRS OpenMoko for ATT/Cingular

Stephen Pape srpape at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 21:40:07 CEST 2008

I can't think of anything special. I followed the directions that the GPRS
w/ GUI section of the wiki links to, using the corrections provided in the
wiki. I added the angstrom repository, things went crazy, so I ended not
using it and just installing the individual packages that I needed. I had to
edit the py file it mentions so the services gui would start, and it worked
fine.

To get more detailed I'll have to set it up again. I tried adding the
angstrom repository again last night, did an update and the phone died.

root at om-gta02:/etc/init.d# ls
> Illegal instruction

Before when I did it without adding the entire repo, applications started
crashing and TangoGPS wouldn't scroll. The wiki claims that the repositiory
should be compatible but no luck so far.

Once I get it cleared up, I'll try to give you more details.

-Stephen