2008.9 Basic questions

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 13:37:56 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> When i ordered the phone the reseller said on the website that the phone
>> isn't useable for daily use and is only for enthusiasts. And this
>> information was everywhere in the net even at july when i ordered my
>> phone. So don't say you didn't noticed this when you ordered your phone.
>> Or did you just click-buy without researching anything about the things
>> you want to buy? ;)
>>

> See: http://www.idasystems.net/ and http://www.idasystems.net/freerunner
>
> They have updated the website, raised the FR's price (because they didn't
> figure out octroi earlier?) but still no mention of it not being usable for
> daily use.  In fact, when I bought it, they had a 30 day return policy,
> which I did not invoke, considering I should support the effort and trust
> Openmoko to deliver.  Now they seem to have removed the return policy.

And by the way, what do Openmoko have to say about the FR?

http://www.openmoko.com/product.html#

The only (implied) warning one could have come across in the early days of
the launch was the *Community Portal*, which is the wiki, saying that this
was a developer release of the FR.  So how many phone purchase decisions are
made on the basis of a *community portal's* hint, when the corporate and
reseller websites do not point out that it is an experimental device at all?