2008.9 Basic questions

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 13:37:56 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Nishit Dave <stargazer.dave at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> wrote:
>> When i ordered the phone the reseller said on the website that the phone
>> isn't useable for daily use and is only for enthusiasts. And this
>> information was everywhere in the net even at july when i ordered my
>> phone. So don't say you didn't noticed this when you ordered your phone.
>> Or did you just click-buy without researching anything about the things
>> you want to buy? ;)
> See: http://www.idasystems.net/ and http://www.idasystems.net/freerunner
> They have updated the website, raised the FR's price (because they didn't
> figure out octroi earlier?) but still no mention of it not being usable for
> daily use.  In fact, when I bought it, they had a 30 day return policy,
> which I did not invoke, considering I should support the effort and trust
> Openmoko to deliver.  Now they seem to have removed the return policy.

And by the way, what do Openmoko have to say about the FR?

The only (implied) warning one could have come across in the early days of
the launch was the *Community Portal*, which is the wiki, saying that this
was a developer release of the FR.  So how many phone purchase decisions are
made on the basis of a *community portal's* hint, when the corporate and
reseller websites do not point out that it is an experimental device at all?