2008.8 default dialer crash on # or *

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sat Sep 20 13:41:10 CEST 2008

>>> http://downloads.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb/openmoko/qtopia-ussd-support-phone-ve
>>> ndor.tar.gz
>> Source? Patch? GPL?
>
> You're right. Completely. I generally never release binaries without
> diffs, but the patch I've with me is so bad and I'm so busy with my
> personal tasks that I had no time to upload anything in the last days.

With GPL stuff, I always find it's best to upload the source code *first*.

License compliance is not something that you can wave off with a "oh, I
didn't have time to do that this week".  Either you had time to comply
with the license, or you shouldn't have distributed the binary.

The GPL applies to hobbyists just as much as it applies to big
corporations.  The hobbyists often cry loud when big corporations delay
the release of source code - please don't give those same corporations
ammunition to say "well, the community doesn't release source
immediately, so why should we".

Either upload the source, or remove the binary.  It's as simple as that.

-- Rod