About OpenMoko Rotate

Yogiz yogizz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:05:11 CEST 2008

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 01:47:04 +0100
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:

> Done. I've added a reference to it at
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Rotate but my page about it is at
> http://blog.1407.org/2008/09/20/openmoko-rotate-now-using-libxrandr/
>
> Users of Rotate, I've patched it so it doesn't use system+xrandr but
> simply call directly the xrandr function using libxrandr.
>
> This means:
>  * quicker
>  * less battery consumption
>
> Best,
> Rui

I love it. You probably know the bugs and most might not even have to
do with the program but I'll point them out just in case:

1. The touchscreen calibration is fine when the screen is in
normal rotation, to left or to right but if it's upside down then
the calibration goes way off for me. When I click somewhere the action
actually takes place above and to the right of the actual click.
2. I'm using the Raster's keyboard and I can only see half of the bottom
row of buttons, especially when the screen is not in normal rotation.
Don't know if it's the keyboard or Rotate.
3. This is probably a kernel problem or something but after a while,
the accelerometes seem to stop working which can leave the rotation to
an unconfortable position. Suspending and resuming helps.

Other then that, I love it. Good job.

Yogiz