I bought the FR for what I did not have - freedom

Matt matt.joyce.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 03:41:24 CEST 2008

yochaigal wrote:
> Usable as a day phone??? I think the Fat and Dirty distro is completely
> usable as a day phone... I should know (I use it every day with minimal
> changes... any issues I have I just reflash).

I think we need to be moving towards a situation where flashing is
considered extreme.

One aspect of linux, often hailed as significant (debatable) is that it needs rebooting less often then it's competitors.
Flashing is akin to reinstalling the entire OS, and while it's trivial to do, I worry that it fosters a mindset of not valuing root causes.

I admit though, I have not reached a point of confidence with the FR where I value any data on it, so reflashing is of little consequence.

~ Matt