Basic usabilty questions

yochaigal yochaigal at
Sun Sep 21 04:06:20 CEST 2008

I love the FDOM distribution (suspend works!!! audio works!!! etc).

How can I raise the speakerphone volume?  I tried editing:
and adjusting the volume to higher than 127 but nothing happens.

I cannot get GPRS to start automatically, either with the ppp_on_boot script
or with the iface entry in /etc/network/interfaces
Also, is it true that GPRS has issues when you put the phone to sleep?  This
does not seem to be the case for me.

When will my contacts list show all of my contacts?  I think it doesn't show
any that begin with a "1" (the US number).  However, if someone texts me it
never shows their name UNLESS they have a "1" in their name. Very
frustrating.  These are all read off the SIM card, of course.