[ASU 2008.9] Is it required to reflash, or opkg update & upgrade is enough?

Yogiz yogizz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 08:36:58 CEST 2008

> > Why won't we just invent cool codenames for the distros?
>
>  Maybe because they are not really distributions, but just point
> releases / milestones of the same branch ?
>
> Distribution = ASU
> ASU release point zéro = Om 2008.8
> ASU release point one = Om 2008.9
> ASU 2008.8 + updates = ASU 2008.8 + updates = packages fresh from
> latest daily builds = ASU "head" = no name yet.
>
> Minh

Actually, that was kind of my point. As was said 2008.8 and 2008.9 are
basically the same thing, only one is updated. It will get even harder
to keep track of the names next year. There should be one name for all
this mess and a way to check the exact version in case for some reason
the system can not be updated but needs to be debugged.

Yogiz