accelerometer jitter

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Mon Sep 22 01:25:45 CEST 2008

Joel Newkirk wrote:
> Sorry. ;)  Near-stationary, power consumption immaterial, as accurate as
> possible.  As a project to get my feet wet doing ground-up development
> (probably Python, which I need to learn) for the Freerunner (instead of
> just cross-compiling and fixing issues therein) I wanted to write a
> software 'bubble-level' tool. Laid flat on a surface you see a bubble,
> off-centered as a 'real' bubble-level would be to indicate pitch. More
> generally, held with the side or back against a vertical or horizontal
> surface to display an indication of how close to level (or vertical) the
> surface is.  Lots of incremental additions and changes possible, like

Have you looked at the "Accelerometer Game"? It would maybe give you a
good jump start.
http://projects.openmoko.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/?root=accelgame
I have the first version installed and it pretty much covers the basic
functionality of a bubble-level, but has momentum and bouncing.

Vasco.