freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Sep 22 05:07:00 CEST 2008
well, I flashed as follows, both rootfs and kernel from each:
testing-om-gta02-20080921, 'base/empty' - seems a bit TOO empty, as I was
unable to establish any USBnet communications with it.
So I flashed to 2008.9 'stable' - accelerometers dead.
Tried 2008.8-update - accelerometers dead.
Tried 2008.08.08 - same deadness. Getting worried now - this one surely
would have worked if it were a software matter...
Tried 2008.4 - turns out it didn't offer sysfs access to accelerometers.
Back to 2008.9 - still no joy.
each reboot, it seems, the output from the accelerometers is slightly
different, although each time each axis registers within the range of -5 to
+12, and remains unchanged until the Freerunner is powered down.
Then I checked again under 2008.9 (fresh flash) at ten minutes uptime,
after composing this message, and suddenly both are reading dynamic data
again!! I'm happy, but now I'm thoroughly confused, and somewhat worried
as to what could have caused this in the first place... (as well as
irritated that I went through 6 complete reflashes before it reached a
working state again, something like 6 hours wasted and nothing learned)
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 18:27:57 -0400, Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us>
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:44:34 -0400, Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us>
>> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:36:00 -0400, "Michael Fisher"
> <desnotes at gmail.com>
>>> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us>
>>> could you run a test while driving/riding in the car and post what the
>>> readings might be? I was thinking of the possibility of having the FR
>>> determine if it was in a moving car or not.
>> No problem, I'll alter the script to intersperse timestamps and take it
> Ummm, turns out it IS a problem: I can't get any data from either
> accelerometer now.
> I now see:
> root at iota:~# cat /sys/devices/platform/spi_s3c24xx_gpio.1/spi0.1/dump
> 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3b
> 93 af b8 11 12 03 03 84 16 ee 0b 40 00 00 00 00
> 07 00 e4 00 00 00 00 00 00 fa 00 03 00 0b 00 00
> 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> regardless of any orientation changes or movement of the Freerunner -
> completely unchanging output.
> The third line used to look something like this (faceup):
> 47 00 e4 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 35 00 00
> The first '01' is X, the second '01' is Y, the '35' is Z. Those three
> values are all that changed.
> I've tried rebooting, I've tried powerdown and restart, both without and
> with battery removal, I've tried explicitly activating the sensor (hadn't
> needed to before) at
> /sys/devices/platform/spi_s3c24xx_gpio.1/spi0.1/power/wakeup. Same with
> spi0.0 sensor - unchanging near-zero outputs on all three axes. (Values
> wrap from 00 to FF with FF representing '-1' - IE the face-down reading
> would have something around C5 for the Z reading)
> I'm about to reflash and reconstruct my environment, (I'd added celtune
> repository to get linphone running, forgot to remove it and opkg upgrade
> pulled a bunch of packages from there - after a second opkg upgrade
> enlightenment is broken and won't start on reboot) will update
> and hopefully be able to post the requested data tomorrow...
> Openmoko community mailing list
> community at lists.openmoko.org
More information about the community