2008.9 GPS

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Mon Sep 22 19:43:20 CEST 2008

Matthew Lane wrote:
> I can't get my GPS to get a fix, even outside.  I'm using the latest
> 2008.9 distro from the wiki (as of 9/18/08).  My Locations app shows a
> map, attempts to get a fix, and always tells me I can't get a fix in
> sunny weather!
>
> Is anyone else having this issue, or does anyone know of a solution?

I've had quite the opposite experience: GPS works more reliably than
ever with 2008.9.

I presume you've had GPS fixes with the same device in the past?

I presume you updated the kernel as well as the root FS?

Did you try with/without an SD card inserted? Now that I think of it, I
didn't have an SD card installed.