FSO toolchain?

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 20:10:20 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM, rhn <rhn at o2.pl> wrote:

> Hello
> This question may be terribly out of place, but I haven't found a definite
> answer on the Openmoko or freesmartphone wiki.
>
> I'd like to be able to develop on my main box some programs to use with FSO
> on the phone (and package them), but I have found only the Openmoko
> toolchain via the wiki. It seems to be 2007.4 based.
> There was nothing relevant on freesmartphone.org, so I think there is a
> way to use the aforementioned toolchain to make software compliant to FSO.
> Currently, my guess is that I need to set up the repositories list in the
> toolchain to point the FSO repos.
> Would this suffice?

You may use the Makefile at http://shr.bearstech.com/ , this will setup the
entire openembedded environment to build toolchain and fso
images/applications. This is the best solution if your application has
dependencies on the fso tree. You should write a bitbake recipie for your
application, or use some other tricks to use the toolchain.

      Nicola