2008.9 GPS

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Mon Sep 22 21:57:34 CEST 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:35:42 -0400
Matthew Lane <malane at purdue.edu> (ML)
wrote:

>I have gotten a fix in the past with 2007.2 and no uSD card inserted.
>This was possible with both tangogps and openmoko-gps-ui.
>
>I do have the latest 2008.9 kernel and rootfs.  I have tried both with
>and without a uSD and have been unable to obtain a fix.  I'll try
>getting a fix with the openmoko-gps-ui sometime this week, but
>Locations is unable to do so.
>
>Matthew Lane
>
>Xavier Bestel wrote:
>> Le lundi 22 septembre 2008 à 13:33 -0400, Matthew Lane a écrit :
>>   >> I can't get my GPS to get a fix, even outside.  I'm using the
>>   >> latest >> 2008.9 distro from the wiki (as of 9/18/08).  My
>>   >> Locations app shows a
> >> map, attempts to get a fix, and always tells me I can't get a fix
> >> in >> sunny weather!
>>>
>>> Is anyone else having this issue, or does anyone know of a solution?
>>>     >
>> Never got a fix myself.
>>
>> 	Xav

Sometimes i think whether all the hardware revisions of FR are really
the same if people are having such a opposite experiences with GPS,
GSM.... (i know about the GPS cap issue). For most of the time i get a
fix quite quickly these days (2008.9), but had no problems even before
with 2008.8. There is the odd day, when i need to apply one or two
reboots for some strange reason. Today, no problem getting fix 2 times
(morning, evening) in about 2 minutes while driving about 90km/h. SD
in, 2008.9 running from it.

Petr