New rotate for OpenMoko

Petr Vanek vanous at
Mon Sep 22 22:13:30 CEST 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:10:28 +0100
Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at> (RMSS) wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 04:26:27PM +0800, Magnus Boman wrote:
>> >

>> How much CPU does this utility use?
>> I see that there are no delays in your while loop, hence my question.
>Little, but 0.2.1 will have usleep (1sec feels too long and increases
>likelyhood of missing packets), as well as an ALRM timer for the
>"reading from accelerometers hangs after X time" problem.
>I'm right now testing it, but I gotta work and can't release again
>until much later on, today.
>Meanwhile, 0.2.0 is out.
>Or is it?
>Today is Setting Orange, the 46th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3174
>+ No matter how much you do, you never do enough -- unknown
>+ Whatever you do will be insignificant,
>| but it is very important that you do it -- Gandhi
>+ So let's do it...?

Rui, very nice,

0.2.0 is much better then the initial 0.1.0 release yesterday :) again,
the calibration is out for the "upside down" state. Except of rare
hickups when is seems to start oscillating kind of, this is already
quite usable :) and not burning so much CPU as the previous incarnation

Petr Vaněk