Navit patch for faster map dragging

Florian Hackenberger f.hackenberger at chello.at
Tue Sep 23 02:18:12 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008, KaZeR wrote:
> Thanks for your interest, i'm waiting for your lights on the font
> part to commit it.
I profiled navit on my desktop using valgrind and a major part of the
time required for rendering the map is spent on rendering the fonts for
the street names, etc to bitmaps. The font part of my patch makes navit
use the freetype cache subsystem. However, it does not yet work as
intended. It still seems to render the font outline too often. It is,
however a step in the right direction. I have posted on the freetype
mailing list how to configure the cache to reduce the number of outline
rendering runs, but have not yet received an answer.

Cheers,
	Florian

--
DI Florian Hackenberger