Neopwn

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Tue Sep 23 02:51:11 CEST 2008

Didier Raboud wrote:
> Russell Hay wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming they're not intending to release the full code? Certainly
>> cant see any mentions of license or downloads on their site.
>
> Formally, they only have to release the source code to their buyers...

... and then that buyer can release it publicly for everyone else under
the terms of the GPL.  Who's going to volunteer to buy one?

[In reality, I'm expecting they will make the source code available at
the same time they start shipping their first units.  A security testing
system without source code available for security review would not fly
with most people ...]

One thing they don't specify is whether the hardware is 850MHz (USA) or
900MHz (rest of world).

-- Rod