Wlan Issues after inactivity

Sarton O'Brien roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Tue Sep 23 04:18:36 CEST 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008 23:36:41 vale wrote:
> Hello,
> i want to ask if there are other users having the same issues?

Yes, wireless is flakey. Generally if I lose signal, then I need to reboot to

> If i do an ifup eth0, then i start some updates or installs (apt-get
> install or opkg install ...) everything works fine. if some time passes by
> and after some minutes i install another thing or do wget something, then
> the downloads doesn't start. ping to the sites is still working. if i do an
> ifdown eth0 and ifup eth0, i can download again, experiencing after some
> minutes the same issue.

In some cases, you're doing better than some of us. At least you can reconnect
without a reboot :)

> is there a possible solution to this problem ?

I don't think so, I've tried most of everything with varied success/failures.
I think we're waiting for it to be fixed.

Apparently some people need to do iwconfig eth0 power off to even get an