2008.9 GPS

Chia-I Wu olv at openmoko.com
Tue Sep 23 06:19:45 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 09:25:39PM +0200, Alex Oberhauser wrote:
> What program do you use? If I have tried only with the "location" program I
> haven't received a fix. With the testprogram openmoko-gps-ui (I'm not sure
> with the name) and tangogps it works. When there is clear sky and a free sight
> after 1:30 or 2 minutes. When you start then "location" after you have
> received a fix with one of the two programs mentionend it finds your location.
The "Searching for your location" message and "Unable to locate a fix"
alert is merely informative.  After they disappear, Locations (actually,
diversity-daemon) continues listening to /dev/ttySAC1 silently and
waiting for a fix.  Could you help verify it?

If it causes confusions, it should be changed.

--
Regards,
olv