Re: FSO toolchain?

rhn rhn at o2.pl
Tue Sep 23 10:00:43 CEST 2008

>On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM, rhn <rhn at o2.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> This question may be terribly out of place, but I haven't found a definite
>> answer on the Openmoko or freesmartphone wiki.
>>
>> I'd like to be able to develop on my main box some programs to use with FSO
>> on the phone (and package them), but I have found only the Openmoko
>> toolchain via the wiki. It seems to be 2007.4 based.
>> There was nothing relevant on freesmartphone.org, so I think there is a
>> way to use the aforementioned toolchain to make software compliant to FSO.
>> Currently, my guess is that I need to set up the repositories list in the
>> toolchain to point the FSO repos.
>> Would this suffice?
>>

>You may use the Makefile at http://shr.bearstech.com/ , this will setup the
>entire openembedded environment to build toolchain and fso
>images/applications. This is the best solution if your application has
>dependencies on the fso tree. You should write a bitbake recipie for your
>application, or use some other tricks to use the toolchain.
>
>      Nicola

Thanks, I will try it soon.
I'm just going to port some apps to FSO for now, so I don't expect any dependencies on the FSO tree that I would know about.
What I was afraid of was that maybe the OM toolchain used with FSO would give me headache because of errors that have origins unknown to me.
Regards
rhn