Kernel Build without OE tools

Dennis.Yxun dennis.yxun at
Tue Sep 23 12:03:54 CEST 2008

Another similar question,compile kernel with OE

I want to try the recent kernel-2.6 (andy's branch), and apply my own
so write a recipe, and put it on my own overlay repository, build with OE

all I want to to test is a kernel module, while using OE, seems that It will
build all
kernel tree, every time it will untar, compile .... and this is really
is it possible to compile the only module I want.

Or should I use "the old fashioned way",

Guess OE is more suitable for distro release