[2008.9] Suspending questions

Tom Yates madhatter at teaparty.net
Tue Sep 23 12:19:41 CEST 2008

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Christoph Siegenthaler wrote:

> I've got the following problem: suspending the FR works (by pressing
> on/off and automatically) but every time I wake it up (by pressing
> on/off) the device wakes up for about 2s and returns straight back to
> its suspended state - until I press on/off again. The second time,
> resuming works ok. Any hints on how to fix this?

i find this also, in 2008.08 updated to P1-Snapshot-20080919-r1.  i'd be
happy to try and snip some logs, but i'm not clear about where information
about snoozing and waking decision might be logged.

three more small data: it doesn't happen every time i wake the device up,
for me; but it does happen about two out of three wakeups.  i've also had
it happen a second time, although it's much rarer.  and i've never even
had it happen a first time when i'm on USB.  that made me wonder if it
might be power-manaagement related?

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net