new version of the openmoko-panel-plugin 0.3

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at
Tue Sep 23 12:45:56 CEST 2008

I really love this plugin for use with debian. :)
But i have a few suggestions for future releases.

The GSM icon didn't change at all when disabled. Only when the gsm
provider is activated the gsm-strengh bar changes. When disabling gsm in
the older version the icon got a striked through circle like the other
icons but this didn't happen anymore.

In the first version when clicking the battery icon a popup show the
current state. This popup was removed because it didn't show any more
information than the hint when floating over the battery icon. Now i
would love to get the popup again but with more battery information.
In /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/uevent all
information could be found and i think the following would be nice to
see (i added the unit in brackets):

It would also be nice if we could change the charging current within
this popup to force it to 100mA/500mA/1000mA. This could be done with

And i really love to see the new feature of changing the lcd brightness,
which would save quite some battery power. :)