new version of the openmoko-panel-plugin 0.3

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Tue Sep 23 12:45:56 CEST 2008

I really love this plugin for use with debian. :)
But i have a few suggestions for future releases.

The GSM icon didn't change at all when disabled. Only when the gsm
provider is activated the gsm-strengh bar changes. When disabling gsm in
the older version the icon got a striked through circle like the other
icons but this didn't happen anymore.

In the first version when clicking the battery icon a popup show the
current state. This popup was removed because it didn't show any more
information than the hint when floating over the battery icon. Now i
would love to get the popup again but with more battery information.
In /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/uevent all
information could be found and i think the following would be nice to
see (i added the unit in brackets):

POWER_SUPPLY_STATUS=Not charging
POWER_SUPPLY_VOLTAGE_NOW=4158000 (µV)
POWER_SUPPLY_CURRENT_NOW=16500 (µA)
POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_FULL=1215585 (µAh)
POWER_SUPPLY_TEMP=291 (°C * 10)
POWER_SUPPLY_TIME_TO_EMPTY_NOW=275280 (s)
POWER_SUPPLY_TIME_TO_FULL_NOW=3932100 (s)
POWER_SUPPLY_CAPACITY=99 (%)

It would also be nice if we could change the charging current within
this popup to force it to 100mA/500mA/1000mA. This could be done with
/sys/devices/platform/s3c2440-i2c/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/force_usb_limit_dangerous

And i really love to see the new feature of changing the lcd brightness,
which would save quite some battery power. :)

Ciao,
     Rainer