Measure of the file /dev/input/event3 (Accelerometer data)

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 13:34:26 CEST 2008

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:28:26 +0200
"Jacob Peterson" <jacobp at iastate.edu> wrote:

> I think the Accelerometer data retrieval page on the wiki should have
> all the information you are looking for:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Accelerometer_data_retrieval

I didn't come across anything about units in my travels.  To me, it
looks like they're in cm/s/s, i.e. divide by 100 to get the familiar
value of 9.8ish pointing downwards.

Don't forget that (a) I may be wrong, and (b) The orientation of the
accelerometers might need some calibration.

Tom

--

Thomas White
- Downing College