Extended battery pack

-stacy slm3095om at Millions.Ca
Tue Sep 23 17:53:56 CEST 2008

Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Tuesday, September 16, 2008 a las 05:22:14PM -0700, nicklogan escribió:
>
>> Apparently it's been used successfully with a Freerunner and even has
>> software written to boost the charge rate and create a desktop icon:
>>
>> http://www.millions.ca/~stacy/mintyboost/
>
> Does somebody know how to force the Freerunner to charge with 500mA even
> if it can't negotiate this via USB with the 'charger'?

My shell script consists of three lines (two of them are output for
diagnostics)

=================
cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/usb_curlim
echo 500 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/force_usb_limit_dangerous
cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/usb_curlim

If you are plugged into a Minty boost or other non-intelligent charger
(like my car adaptor charger) the output from the script should be

100
500

The wiki page that documents this and other "black magic" is
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_sysfs

-stacy