Extended battery pack

-stacy slm3095om at Millions.Ca
Tue Sep 23 20:25:04 CEST 2008

Angus Ainslie wrote:

> Why not just add the 47k resistor to the minty boost and then the
> Freerunner will choose 1A fast charge ?
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GTA02_Hardware#Power_Design_Requirements

a couple reasons, the biggest one being that the minty boost can't
supply 1A the max is 600mA; as far as I know, there is no magic resistor
to identify a 500mA charger to the Freerunner, it depends on USB host
telling it that it can provide 500mA. Second, the ID pin is in the USB
micro connector, so you would either need to put a micro connector on
your minty boost (with the correct resistor installed) or use a hacked
cable.

-stacy