[OT] First rumors about first Google phone

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Tue Sep 23 21:18:05 CEST 2008

On 2008., Brock wrote:
| On 2008., David Samblas wrote:
| | any news about the real openess of android?
| The news is: no news.

Scratch that. They just released the Android 1.0 SDK release 1, and in
the announcement they say:

  "So what's next for us? Well, we'll keep working on the SDK, as I
  said. But we're also working hard with our partners in the Open
  Handset Alliance on the open-source release, with the aim of making
  the code available in the fourth quarter."

Which sounds familiar... I think they've been targeting the fourth
quarter for a while. The announcement is at: