New rotate for OpenMoko

Petr Vanek vanous at
Wed Sep 24 08:46:07 CEST 2008

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:51:46 +0100
vasco.nevoa at (VNNGO) wrote:

>If you install it via the *.ipk package on the wiki page, you'll get
>an init script to launch the daemon. Then copy the latest binary
>version over the one installed by the package (it is much older).
> From there, all you have to do is to configure the daemon to launch
>at the chosen runlevel (can't remember the specific commands, sorry!).
>Citando Robin Paulson
><robin.paulson at>:
>> could someone provide some hints for how to set this to autostart,
>> either system-wide or for a specific user?
>> for a specific user, would i place a link to it in ~/.xinitrc?
>> cheers

I have just created .desktop file and run it if necessary. It wouldn't
be bad to implement a function "if it is already running, kill it", so
one could end the application without having to have a second icon (i
might as well just do this through a bash). Anyways, as the window
manager was trying to indicate looong startup of rotate (even with
StartupNotify=false ), i run it now like this and get an excellent
result: Exec=/usr/bin/rotate&

Petr Vaněk