Java Application output and working directory on 2008.8?

Peter Neubauer peter at neubauer.se
Wed Sep 24 10:35:40 CEST 2008

Hi there,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:09 AM, vale <vales at gmx.de> wrote:

> you have to look into the corresponding .desktop file in
> /usr/share/applications i think .. there is a line exec= which contains the
> command used to start the application. it should look like the command you
> use from the terminal
Yes, I have a starter script in /usr/bin/ and are calling that with
exec=myApp from the .desktop file, but still the question is where
standard output is directed to and what the working dir is if I do not
have a shell and start the program via click on the desktop item?

starting the app with
export DISPLAY=:0.0
testApp

works fine with working dir=. and the output to the console ...

/peter