[FDOM] Booting from SD, unable to open an initial console

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:26:48 CEST 2008

2008/9/24 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com>:

> You can get this excitement if your SD card was mounted with "nodev" at
> unpack as well, usually that is complaining about no /dev/pts/* or other
> valid /dev bits needed.

Thanks.  I checked that at the time, though (because the Wiki covers
it), and it didn't have nodev.

I'll try Bill's -p, and report back.

(Another factor that may be relevant is that I did the unpacking on
the FR, from within Qtopia - which means that I was using the Busybox
implementation of tar.  Perhaps I also need to make sure that I'm
using a proper tar?)

Regards,
     Neil