python-pyqt -- building against Qtopia in 2008.8

Kelvie Wong kelvie at ieee.org
Wed Sep 24 10:27:40 CEST 2008

On Wednesday, September 24, 2008 00:14:12 Erin Yueh wrote:
> Hi Kelvie,
>
> After discussed with few co-workers, we think that we should separate
> Qtopia Qt lib and Qt4 Qt lib and let them store at different places.
> When we would run qt applications, we can use
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to set qt lib. Currently, I use 'env' before running my AP.

Yes, right now I do the same (I have, in my /usr/local/bin a script called
pyqt that exports the library paths and runs python; and the she-bang line on
my scripts are '#!/usr/bin/env pyqt')

Also, on a limited memory device like this, is this really the way to go?  I
don't think that if we use qt-x11 it will conform to the save theme that
Qtopia apps will use, and there will be a _lot_ of duplicated functions loaded
in memory (qt-x11 and qtopia are practically the same).

> About QMessageBox, I can run it correctly before I re-installing all qt
> related packages. But now, it wont show up and crash my AP. Now, I only
> install libQtCore, libQtGui, libQtNetwork, libQtWebKit, python-sip and
> python-pyqt. I guess I need to install more related Qt4 lib packages.

Ah, good to know.  I should try it on my side (I believe my version of pyqt
was built against 4.3.2 whereas the libraries are 4.4.1; they should be binary
compatible, but I'm sure there may be a few quirks).

--
Kelvie Wong