this is not freedom [was:Re: [OT] First rumors about first Google phone]

doron doron at ofek.biz
Wed Sep 24 16:49:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

I not sure , but,

AFAIK , I can run free software for any purpose (freedom 0) , but the
Google phone is locked to one cellular provider , T-mobile , and the
device is SIM-locked [1] (paragraph 9 - first line).
This is not freedom !

[1]
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080923-t-mobile-google-finally-unveil-the-first-android-phone.html

- doron