[2008.09] resolv.conf

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 18:07:55 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008, vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt wrote:
> Nothing should be in there by default!!!
> In openmoko, the file /etc/resolv.conf is managed dynamically by the
> program "resolvconf".
> Editing it by hand is a hack (that must only be used when the DHCP
> server does not provide a nameserver IP, or when the interface is
> configured by hand).
> See http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/07/msg00438.html

I know resolvconf is supposed to manage it, but in 2008.8 it didn't. By
default usb0 is up, so resolvconf should have populates it with a suitable
resolver, but instead it is empty. In 2008.8 resolvconf didn't populate it
with the nameserver supplied by dhcp when the wifi interface was brought up.
I don't know if this is still the case in 2008.9.