Concept arts. Interface - how I would like it to see.

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Thu Sep 25 00:36:38 CEST 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:26:21 +0200 Tilman Baumann <tilman at baumann.name> babbled:

> woho!
> I see great things to come.
> I like the slider checkbox from illume-02.ogg

that's not part of e/illume - it's a quick and simple toolkit i am writing
though.

> And the keyboard zoom thing.

that's been in illume for a long time... i just made it purtier :)

> But i also really like WP's idea for a desktop shelf homescreen with
> info screen and quicklauncher.

yes. but right now won't be doing major surgery on the layout code. just need
to clean up all the quick and dirty hacks done in the name of "implement what
the designers want" and abstract everything properly in the code so it plugs in
where it should nicely... when that's done, the rest should drop into place
wonderfully :)

> And if i may throw some ideas in the pot too.
> * Move the Remove button as bigger button to the top right corner of the
> (opened) illume slider. (As proposed in my earlier mail)

why top right as opposed to top-left? does it matter? as such the close cutto
n consumes the entire space that the visible shelf region has (just slid down
) - just the icon uses a sub-section of it, but the "hit area" is large. (and as
such the theme is able to just do this - no code changes needed).

> * App launcher as scrollable list like in the 2008.2 home screen. (with
> sections as in 2008.2 too)

right now i'm not doing radical changes like that (as such that's simply list
view mode for the filemanager - a toggle option in the code).