CAD conversion and editing

Breakable igalvelis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:32:53 CEST 2008

> It seems that I can't  (for the lag of a better word) "load" the brlcad
> converter in Pro/E. The rather vague PDF calls for a file labeled *protk.dat*
> that shoul reside inside a /pro_engineer/ directory in the brlcad branch. I
> neither could find the file nor the directory. (I only tried the Windows
> binary download of brlcad since I only have a Windows Pro/E license.)
>
> So if anybody has a source to a step-by-step instruction on how to do the
> export from Pro/E, please let me know. Otherwise I will drop this conversion
> (as Andreas pointed out the IGES conversion seems to work after all).
>
> Regards,
>
> Claus
Claus,
Please take a look maybe this will help:
http://inversionconsulting.blogspot.com/2008/05/protk-simplify-protkdat-with-env-vars.html
Even with IGES working (not for me yet), it might worth a try. Maybe a better quality can be achieved?

PS:I hope my mail application wont break the thread this time. I was getting it working for an hour now.
Regards,
Ignas