[Om2008.9] autoconf of eet libs failed

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Sep 25 08:43:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the lib eet-1.0.0 in an Ubuntu 8.04.1 because
I want configure the enlightenment for my Openmoko a bit or at least
understand how the UI is made;

there seems to be some Autoconf problem which showes also up in
Google, but as fixed (that's why I'm attaching the debian/control file
too):

can somebody help me with this? thx

	matthias

guru at ubuntu:~/e/eet$ pwd
/home/guru/e/eet
guru at ubuntu:~/e/eet$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local
Running aclocal...
Running autoheader...
Running autoconf...
configure.in:20: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:23: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

./debian/control:

Source: eet
Section: libs
Maintainer: Falko Schmidt <falko at alphagemini.org>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 6), cdbs, automake1.7 | automaken, libtool, pkg-config, zlib1g-dev, libjpeg62-dev, doxygen
Standards-Version: 3.7.3
Homepage: http://www.enlightenment.org

Package: libeet-dev
Section: libdevel
Architecture: any
Depends: libeet1 (= ${Source-Version}), zlib1g-dev, libjpeg-dev
 Eet is a tiny library designed to write an arbitary set of chunks of data to a
 file and optionally compress each chunk (very much like a zip file) and allow
 fast random-access reading of the file later on. It does not do zip as zip
 itself has more complexity than we need, and it was much simpler to implement
 this once here.
 .
 This package contains headers and static libraries for development with libeet.
 libeet.

Package: libeet-doc
Section: doc
Architecture: all
Enhances: libeet-dev
 Eet is a tiny library designed to write an arbitary set of chunks of data to a
 file and optionally compress each chunk (very much like a zip file) and allow
 fast random-access reading of the file later on. It does not do zip as zip
 itself has more complexity than we need, and it was much simpler to implement
 this once here.
 .
 This package contains documentation (html and manpages) for development with
 libeet.

Package: libeet1
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 Eet is a tiny library designed to write an arbitary set of chunks of data to a
 file and optionally compress each chunk (very much like a zip file) and allow
 fast random-access reading of the file later on. It does not do zip as zip
 itself has more complexity than we need, and it was much simpler to implement
 this once here.
 .
 It's small, fast, and does a job. It's heavily commented and fully documented.

Package: libeet-bin
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 Eet is a tiny library designed to write an arbitary set of chunks of data to a
 file and optionally compress each chunk (very much like a zip file) and allow
 fast random-access reading of the file later on. It does not do zip as zip
 itself has more complexity than we need, and it was much simpler to implement
 this once here.
 .
 This package contains eet, an utility that allows you to extract, insert,
 encode and decode config blobs created with libeet.

Package: libeet-dbg
Architecture: any
Section: libdevel
 Eet is a tiny library designed to write an arbitary set of chunks of data to a
 file and optionally compress each chunk (very much like a zip file) and allow
 fast random-access reading of the file later on. It does not do zip as zip
 itself has more complexity than we need, and it was much simpler to implement
 this once here
 .
 This package contains unstripped shared libraries. It is provided primarily
 to provide a backtrace with names in a debugger, this makes it somewhat easier
 to interpret core dumps. The libraries are installed in /usr/lib/debug and
 are automatically used by gdb.
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH