Getting IMEI from uboot

Francesco Albanese frances.albanese at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 16:59:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

apparently there are only two ways of getting IMEI from uboot on a FreeRunner:

- Sending the proper  AT command  to the Calypso modem
- Reading it from nand0,4 factory partition

A.Actually I've discovered that GSM passthrough doesn't work anymore

http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1595

Can you confirm this ? Anybody knows what is the possible cause ? (If
yes, I'll investigate) The gsm_power_on function seems to act
correctly on GPIO.

B.I don't know really how to read a file from the factory parrtition
while working on u-boot. Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you for your attention,

FA