WIFI Connector Application

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 26 01:12:02 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 15:16 +0100, Arigead wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I'm looking for an application which if it exists great and if it
> don't exist I'll maybe try and implement it in C, if what I'm thinking
> is even possible. I've not done too much investigating into Wifi as I
> believe that it has its issues on the FR.

At the time I installed dd-wrt on my AP, there was a script that did
exactly this.  Looked for local known/unknown networks and picked the
best one to connect to - target was an environment (appartment block)
that had a number of unsecured AP's that continually changed.  The AP
just auto-connected to the one it thought best.

Moral issues aside, that looks like the way to do it.  A quick look at
the dd-wrt site doesnt show it now, but some searching should show it.

Also noticed they have a new HAL that can do Atheros WiSOC - not sure if
that includes the AR-6000.

BillK